Last updated: 20th February 2020
We may change this policy from time to time. If we make any changes, they will be made available on this page.
1. Important information and who we are
Haio, is a digital agency based at 35 King Street, Framework, Bristol, BS1 4DZ. Haio is owned and operated by, and a trading name of, Harry Cobbold who is the controller and responsible for your personal data. We can also be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org and on 0117 2510 056.
2. The data we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data including first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title.
- Contact Data including billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data including bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data including details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data including your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data including information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We use different methods to collect data about you as follows:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers (such as Google based outside the EU);
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources (such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU).
- Technical Data from the following parties:
3. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data for the purpose for which we collected it which include the following:
- To register you as a new customer.
- To process and deliver your order.
- To manage your relationship with us.
- To enable you to participate in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey.
- To improve our website, products/services, marketing or customer relationships.
- To recommend products or services which may be of interest to you.
Information collected will only be retained for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. In general, we will automatically delete your personal information 3 years after you no longer have any active engagements with us.
4. International transfers
We will not transfer, store and process your personal data outside the European Economic Area.
5. Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data including the right to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
You will not usually have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies; however, you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent or you can flush your browser of cookies from time to time (Note: you may need to consult the help area of your browser application for instructions). If you choose to disable cookies or refuse to accept a cookie, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
We also use Hotjar in order to better understand our users’ needs and to optimize this service and experience. Hotjar is a technology service that helps us better understand our users experience (e.g. how much time they spend on which pages, which links they choose to click, what users do and don’t like, etc.) and this enables us to build and maintain our service with user feedback.
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link.
7. Why we collect your personal information
We collect personal information that you share with us when you contact us or interact with us through our website, email, phone or otherwise. You can decide not to provide certain information, or ask that any information you have previously shared is removed. If you do so, we may be unable to accept and process your order, provide our goods and services to you or able to progress you in a job application with us.